Best Solutions to Challenges Faced by HEIs during Accreditation Data Management
How does a higher education institution function?
Is there a governing body that could help in regulating the “quality education” in colleges?
How about following a set of principles to have sustainable excellence in the educational system?
The answer to all the above questions is — accreditation process!
Let’s first understand the accreditation process…
What is accreditation?
High educational institutes, colleges, universities, and institutions go through a quality assurance process called accreditation, wherein the goal is to make sure that the institutes maintain a superior level of academic excellence.
Significance of accreditation
A few sets of quality standards are to be followed by the institutes as per the accreditation system, which in due course is going to build trust and reputation among the public. In the long run, this is going to help the potential parents put their trust in the particular institutes to enroll their wards depending on the course basis.
The importance of accreditation lies in the fact that institutes are validated in terms of certain levels of standard quality, the institutes in effect are encouraged to make necessary improvements in teaching methodologies, certain administrative operations, etc ultimately to provide a value-based learning experience to the students.
It is noteworthy to mention that accreditation programs have multiple benefits as it helps the institutes in figuring out its strengths and the areas where they need to improve. Identifying the specific areas of planning and budget allocation are two of the key advantages. To bring uniqueness to the educational process, modern learning pedagogies are followed which bolsters the overall learning experience for the students.
Speaking of the educational process, outcome-based education has become quite popular amongst the top colleges and universities. They often opt for outcome-based accreditation, which allows them to create a student-centric instruction model including all the curricular and co-curricular activities.
However, there are certain challenges that may interrupt the process. Here are the top challenges higher educational institutes face during the accreditation process.
#1: Tedious process
Organizing reports in various formats takes a long time, making the task tedious, a slight error can ultimately prove to be detrimental
#2: Repetition of administrative work
Be it identifying curriculum gaps, tracking the performance of students, preparing syllabus, lessons, and other study resources, all of the administrative work needs to be done on a repeated basis without fail.
#3: Maintenance of dates in a chronological order
Missing out on maintenance of important dates could cause further issues in the accreditation process.
#4: Security of important data
An immense amount of student data collected by the educational institutes needs to be secured without it being at risk or vulnerable to uncertain security threats.
#5: Monitoring entries of information
Higher education institutions that go through a dynamic process of collecting & storing new information with every passing day, monitoring the entry of such information is crucial.
#6: Excessive paperwork
Finally, the paperwork that goes into maintaining each procedure of accreditation is a lot considering the administrative operations and other such important functions.
Solving the challenges of accreditation
The pen and paper method of conducting any process could not only be tiresome but also time-consuming, the same goes for accreditation. But thankfully the advancement of technology has provided the educational institutes with the opportunity to automate the accreditation process by availing accreditation data management software.
- The institutes can avail the software to minimize the workload by automating various assessment tools.
- OBE accreditation can also be done by those institutes that have integrated output-based learning as a part of their comprehensive learning pedagogies.
- Accreditation in higher education has become comparatively easier with the higher education accreditation software.
- To make sure that the entire institute following the accreditation standards, the software ensures the proper analysis of information aided by fast and efficient data collection
- To undergo essential quality improvement the software makes sure to configure the program educational objectives with the ultimate mission and vision of the institute.
- By integrating the accreditation software with the ERP campus the educational institutes are going to be hugely benefited in terms of reducing tremendous amounts of paperwork and continuous data entry.
- The conduction of assessments, assignments online followed by the eventual evaluation, will allow the administrators to carry out the educational programs following the quality standards.
Need more details on what accreditation data management can do for your institution? Get in touch with my team today!